Who We Are
Dosland Auction is a full service auction company serving the Quad Cities and eastern Iowa region. We have a deep love for the auction industry and its ability to help solve people’s problems – plus getting them top dollar for their assets at the same time!
So, whether you are retiring, downsizing, going out of business, or handling an estate of a loved one, the Dosland team is here to assist you!
Advantages to Working with Dosland Auction
Dosland Auction is skilled at both online and on-premise auctions. Of course, online auctions can simplify things but for those still interested in having an in-person auction, Dosland’s Grand Mound facility is the perfect size and location!
Dosland Auction handles all aspects of the auction process. For example, we’ll move inventory to the auction site, clean items (if necessary), take care of staffing the auction, and even clean up when the auction is over.
But wait, THERE’S MORE!
Dosland Auction Service also provides:
- Aggressively using the power of social media platforms
- Professional promotional campaigns on Hibid.com and the Dosland website
- A vast network of buyers who are used to buying from us as well as thousands of new buyers registering annually
- Two rings or more for larger live auctions
- Post sale payout with computer generated reports of your items
Recent Success Stories
Whether it’s everyday household items, antiques, commercial real estate, or farm equipment, we have earned a reputation for integrity, superior service, and great results.
We are committed to getting maximum value for your items. Here’s a few of our recent success stories:
- Sold a late model sedan for more than double what the seller wanted and $5K more than Kelly Blue Book value!
- Sold a late 1800’s Iowa Atlas for $1,500!
- Sold a collection of 4000+ action figures/dolls/toys in 8 hours!
- Sold 100’s of pieces of farm equipment for top dollar!
Getting to Know
Colonel Curtis Dosland
Curtis W. Dosland is a 2014 graduate of World Wide College of Auctioneering in Mason City, Iowa, earning the honorary title of “Colonel.” He is also a certified bi-lingual auctioneer, selling in Spanish.
Curtis has been a part of many businesses and industries. After graduating from Calamus-Wheatland High School, he graduated from Northwest Iowa Community College in Sheldon, Iowa, studying heavy equipment operation and mechanics. He then began working at a large quarry and mining company for several years. Curtis then struck out on his own, operating a trucking company. He also works on the family farm and served as the facility manager for a farmer cooperative.
He continues to offer additional services at his new auction house located in Grand Mound. Colonel Dosland is a member of the Iowa Auctioneers Association where he serves on the Board of Directors.
As a native of the Calamus area, he continues to serve his hometown in many ways. He is a member of the Calamus Volunteer Fire Department since 2006, a member of Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. He is part of a vast network of colleagues that can help find buyers for anything needing to be sold.